Monday, November 11, 2013

Week...

Introduction

This week was spent doing some research about other forms of Communication as well as working on my tour with Sargent Stubby.  I worked on the Google Tour and worked on some major information regarding Sargent Stubby.  Although I did do some other research on my capstone this week and that dealt with more of the GIS side of things including joining tables as well as manipulating data to work with the data in statistic software.  There is a reason why I do not take those classes.  Manipulating what seems to be a small event can turn into hours spent on it in order to make it look good.  Even copying a file can be the difference of allowing the data to work.  But I did find the information after talking with Christina.  

Results 

I worked a great deal on the tour builder that displays information about Stubby.  I performed some more research as well.  This included mainly secondary sources of which I listed in the Reference page.

Below is an updated picture of my tour in Google.  Here is a link to this Google Tour



Another update in the reference page was done, adding more of my view on certain references as well as some of the information I got from each site.

Adding to what I enjoy about the google tour builder is that you have an option to utilize some historic imagery that was taking of that area as late as the 1930's, it says anyway.

I also enjoy the 3D imagery that is able to be turned on or off.  Here is a great image of one of my map locations.  The location is focused on the Smithsonian Institution.  This is the picture of a preserved Sargent Stubby in the flesh.  Here is a link to there site...American Smithsonian


The 3D buildings are pretty unique site.  It allows the viewer to be more engaged with the site.  Google earth has become a great way to see foreign places and feel like it actually was a virtual tour.  One time my freind made a statement when we were at a fire and the stars were very clear and vivid, "These are better than the internet." hahah it was very hilarious.  This is becoming more and more realistic.  

One interesting Site i found was the Canada and Communication.


some personal critiques on website references as well as some more data with stubby



Questions

Should I put references in the tours I make or are the references in the blog okay to use?

No comments:

Post a Comment